Email sent - Sun 10/12/2017 13:50
Rt Hon Theresa May Prime Minister
Rt Hon Sadiq Khan London Mayor
Dear Prime Minister and London Mayor
Next Thursday, the 14th December, it will be 6 months since that fateful night in June 2017 when the Grenfell Fire happened. Some 6 months post fire we have not learnt one single Lesson. Hence, I am going to spell out several lessons learnt to prevent similar fires nationwide:
1. Interim Fire Report must be produced as a matter of extreme urgency, eg several days or 2/3 weeks maximum on such fires. No IFR has been provisioned to date.
2. Fire Safety Log Book must be update and retained as per Fire Safety Act 2005.
3. Fire Risk Assessment (FRA) must be updated in line with the Fire Safety Act 2005. No current FRA available at the Grenfell Tower.
4. All Resident Apartment/flats must be included in the Fire Risk Assessment. At this Juncture the FRA does NOT include the residents' homes. This is an extremely dangerous practice.
5. Public Inquiries CANNOT meet their Terms of Reference in the absence of FRA/Interim Fire Report and Fire Safety Log Book.
6. The Fire Safety Act 2005 has been consistently abused by the residents and owners of the Grenfell Tower.
7. Adequate Portable Fire Equipment should be provided and maintained.
8. Adequate and professional fire practice training should be maintained and recorded.
9. Police Authority needs further training how to recover and identify victims' bodies and maintain a body count.
10. Lessons learned from any fire must be captured and disseminated to all relevant parties as a matter of extreme urgency.
11. Lessons learned - procedures at the Grenfell Fire are tantamount to criminal negligence.
For your information action and files
Alan M Dransfield.